A copy of a work from 1895 by the sculptor Adolphe Roberton. The statue was originally located at the Pacific Alliance Medical Center, formerly known as the French Hospital, at Yale and College streets, Chinatown, Los Angeles. As of 2019 the statue is located in the Healing Garden of the Children's Hospital in Hollywood, Sunset Boulevard and Vermont Avenue.
Text from the original plaque: French Hospital erected October 1, 1869. Second hospital built in Los Angeles, California. Plaque dedicated in memory of Louise and Frank Clos and Antoine Barthe. Marked by Jeanne Clos and Leonie Clos White and Beverly Hills Parlor no. 289, Native Daughters of the Golden West, July 1964.
Back to public art in Chinatown.