Bibliography of resources
1. Space and Spirit in Modern Japan, by Barrie B. Greenbie, Yale University Press, New Haven and London, c. 1988.
2. Space in Japanes Architecture, by Mitsuo Inoue, translated by Hiroshi Watanabe, Weatherhill, New York and Tokyo, c. 1985, pp. 164-168.
3. Japanese Gardens, by Gunter Nitschke, Benedikt Taschen Verlag GmbH, c. 1993.
4. James Irvine Garden, pamphlet, Japanese American Cultural & Community Center, no date.
5. James Irvine Garden, brochure, no date.
6. Gardens, in Kodansha Encyclopedia of Japan.
7. Traditional Japanese Gardens Showcased in Little Tokyo, Downtown News, December 12, 1979.
8. Interview of Takeo Uesugi by Michael Several, February 20, 1993.
9. Resume, Takeo Uesugi, no date.
The bibliography has been provided courtesy of Michael Several, Los Angeles, January 1998.
Back to Little Tokyo.