Poet's Walk, Figueroa and 7th.
Poet's Walk is a collection of poetry and art objects in a small park above the Seventh Market Place, and around Citicorp Plaza. It was funded through CRA percentage for art. Do not reproduce information from this site without acknowledgement of the artists and their works, or of the authors of this site.
- George Herms (artist) and Charles Simic (poet), Portals to Poetry. Steel, bronze, and found objects, 1989.
- David Gilhooly (artist) and Robert Mezey (poet), The Public Abandons Philosophy and Pigeons Acquire Philosophy. Bronze, 1990.
- Joe Fay (artist) and Gary Soto (poet), Natural Instincts. Brass, 1990.
- Terry Allen (artist) and Philip Levine (poet), Corporate Head. bronze, 1990.
- James Surls (artist) and Robert Creeley (poet), Once there was a forest. Granite and ink, 1989.
- Peter Alexander (artist) and Ikkyo Shonin (poet, 15th century), Puddles. Illuminated glass, 1995. Close-up detail of a puddle and close-up of a poem
- April Greiman (artist) and Lucille Clifton (poet), Walk Earth Talk, 1992
- Lawrence Weiner (artist and Carolyn Kizer (poet), Overall, 1989-1990.
To Public Art in the Figueroa Financial District
Photos taken by Ruth Wallach
Page maintained by Ruth Wallach, USC Libraries