Gage building facade panel
Louis H. Sullivan. "This panel is from the Gage Building (1896-1898,) located on Michigan Avenue, Chicago, which Sullivan designed in association with the estalibhsed firm of Holabird and Rouche. Sullivan's design for the facade of the northern most part of the three-unit structure specified ornamenal iron at its base and brown terra cotta above. In the 1950s the street-level shops were "modernized" and the iron panels removed. Segments were acquired for various museum collections, including the Art Institute of chicago, the Museum of Modern Art, New York, and the Franklin D. Murphy Sculpture Garden, UCLA. The UCLA panel was transferred to Perloff Hall in 1989."