This selective listing starts in the center of campus, following north, and then south.
Central Campus Area:
- Roger Noble Burnham, "Tommy Trojan", 1930.
- Ronald Pekar, Traveler, 2010.
- Clock, erected by Hank and Honorine Gordon, 2013.
- Johan Caspar Lachne Gruenfeld, sculptures on top of Bovard Hall (an Italian renaissance-style building by John and Donald Parkinson, 1921)
- Bench near Bovard Hall.
- Founders plaque, Founders park between Bovard and Taper Hall for the Humanities.
- Montere Pines and plaque, Founders park between Bovard and Taper Hall for the Humanities
- Christopher Janney, Sonic Forest, temporary installation, October 12-15, 2009, Between Bovard and Doheny buildings.
- Sculptural reliefs on the Gwynn Wilson Building (John Parkinson and Donald Parkinson, 1927)
- Is this a sculpture? A pedestal with lion heads in the Associates Park, between Bovard and the Physical Education Building.
- Memorial to Cesar Chavez, between Annenberg and Taper Hall for the Humanities [Founders park]
- Cedar of Lebanon plaque, Lebanese Culture Club.
- J. Seward Johnson, Summer Thinking. Founders Park, temporary installation, Fall 2007.
- J. Seward Johnson, So the Bishop Said to the Actress, 1981. Taper Hall for the Humanities, temporary installation, fall 2007.
- Merrell Gage, Bas reliefs on the Allan Hancock building, 1940. (C. Samuel Lunden; C. Raimond Johnson)
- Model of Velero III, east side of the Allan Hancock building.
- Moses Ezekiel, Napoleon, Hancock Museum.
- Francis Xavier Zettler, Apollo Dispelling the Night, Hancock Museum.
- Mural in the Hancock auditorium. Photographed in the late 1950s.
- Christy Decker, Passages Collide as Knowledge Advances, 2007. Allan Hancock building, 4th floor.
- Mary Arlen, bust of Alfred Newman. Newman recital hall, Allan Hancock building.
- Works in the Norman Topping Student Center. Closed in 2008; replaced by the the Ronald Tutor Campus Cente, dedicated 2010.
- Works in the, Ronald Tutor Campus Center complex, 2010.
- Steps, Tutor Campus Center.
- Emil Seletz, Norman Topping, 2010.
- Christine Mallouf and Larry Glenn, Trojan Angel or The Protector. Sponsored by Kelsey Family Foundation. Originally placed at the Norman Topping Student Center. Part of A Community of Angels project. September 2002. As of January 2003, the sculpture is positioned in Watt Hall. Removed in the mid-2000s.
- Martin Luther King Memorial plaque, 1998. Law Center.
- Little Chapel of Silence.
- Jaques Plaza, in front of the University Bookstore.
- Cromwell field entry landscaping.
- Bust of Albert Raubenheimer, Grace Ford Salvatori building.
- Christopher Slatoff, Judge Robert Maclay Widney, 2014.
- When Women Disrupt in collaboration with USC Annenberg students, Dismantle Whiteness and Misogyny on This Campus, 2018.
- E. F Hutton & Company Park, Annenberg School of Communication.
- Frederick Schweigardt, Youth Triumphant or "The Four Cornerstones of American Democracy" fountain. Dedicated in 1935. Alumni Park (in front of Doheny Memorial Library, a building designed in the tradition of Italian Romanesque by Cram & Ferguson and Samuel Lunden, 1932. A. E. Hanson, landscape architect.)
- McCarthy Quad between Leavey Library and Doheny Library. Includes details of the reflecting pool in front of the Leavey Library.
- John C. Argue Plaza (between Doheny and Alumni House)
- Petrified wood, class of 1887. East side of Doheny Memorial Library.
Von KleinSmid Center:
- Merrell Gage, Bust of Rufus Bernhard Von KleinSmid with accompanying eulogy by Norman Topping. The bust, originally located in the Von KleinSmid Center plaza, was moved into Doheny Library for a few years in the early 2000s. As of 2013 it is located in the Von KleinSmid Center plaza.
- Plaque commemorating George Curtis Moore, stairwell leading to the VKC library.
Taper Hall for the Humanities (Marsh, Smith, and Powell, architects):
Anna Bing Arnold Plaza and Sculpture Garden(west of Taper Hall for the Humanities, Marsh, Smith, and Powell, architects):
- Reclining male nude
- Claire Falkenstein, "Continuum", 1976. Removed.
- Jesse Corsaut, Ignacy Jan Paderewski, installed 2007.
- Anthony Amato, "Gregor Piatigorsky", 1978
- Dmitri Hadzi, "Hephaestus", 1977
- Miki Benoff, "Vista for a Rare Spirit", 1974
- Francisco Zuniga, Evelia de Pie, 1978. Gift to the School of Cinema.
- Sculpture of Frank Sinatra, Norris Cinema.
- Bovard Field commemorative plaque. Located between Annenberg School of Communication and Bing Theatre, just east of Heritage Hall.
- Dann V. Angeloff, Yell King, 1956-57. Next of the track field (Cromwell field).
- USC Olympians, stellae, track field (Cromwell field).
- Ernie Shelton, The Wild Bunch, 2002. Heritage Hall.
- Robert D. Wood Plaza, Heritage Hall.
- Anthony D. Lazzaro Plaza, 1988.
- Marv Goux Gate.
- John McKay statue, 2012.
- Trojan Sword, 2012.
- Zohrab Arakel Kaprielian, Kaprielian Hall.
North side of campus:
- J. Seward Johnson, Things to Do, 29th and Hoover, temporary installation, summer 2007.
- Dean and Jay Tschetter, external bas reliefs on Galen Center, 2006.
- Gateway Column marking the old entrance to campus, on 34th street
- Aristides Burton Demetrios, "Generations" fountain and sculpture, installed 2009. West of Leavey Library, along 34th street.
- Stephanie Kleinman and Kirsten Moore, Scholar Angel, part of A Community of Angels project. September 2002. Removed in the mid-2000s.
- Jay Hall Carpenter, Douglas Fairbanks, 2009. Courtyard of the School of Cinematic Arts, installed 2009.
- Nancy Cartwright, Bartman, School of Cinematic Arts. 2015?
- Lawrence Noble, Eadweard James Muybridge, west side of the School of Cinematic Arts, installed 2010.
- Gavin Herbert Plaza, Fountain
- Panel of Church Fathers on the facade of University Church
- Fray Junipero Serra, Church at University Ave and 30th St.
- Fountain north of Jefferson, east of Hoover.
- Shriners monument, Shrine Auditorium, Jefferson boulevard.
Viterbi School of Engineering:
- Suzanne Pascal, The Graduates (or Pascal) Fountain, dedicated in 1984, relocated 2013.
- Fountain, Archimedes Plaza, 2013.
- View of the Archimedes Plaza at the Engineering School.
- Jon Hair, Neil Armstrong, 2013.
- Tau Beta Pi Association memorial to David M. Wilson.
- Marker in memory of Zohrab Arakel Kaprelian, 1984.
- Chi Epsilon marker, 1949.
- Sandro Chia, murals at the Viterbi Museum, Tutor Hall, 2005.
- Tree planted in memory of students Ming Qu and Ying Wu, 2013.
Mudd Hall of Philosophy, Harris Hall of Architecture and Fisher Art Gallery/Museum Sculpture Garden:(near Exposition Boulevard. Ralph C. Flewelling, architect, 1939 -1940; building inspired by the Regency/Moderne style.)
- Hoose Library of Philosophy
- Reliefs on Bridge Hall (John Parkinson and Donald Parkinson, 1928)
Bloom Art Walk:
- John Frame, Sculpture in honor of George Boone, lawn south of Watt Hall.
- Barse Miller, mural / fresco above entrance to Fisher Gallery (now Fisher Museum)
- Tile mural, Harris Hall (1930s) (by Merrell Gage? A student?)
- Historic information about the old Architecture building and the Helen Topping Architecture and Fine Arts Library.
- George Gebhard, Cactus, 1996. No longer in its place.
- George Baker, MFA Fountain, 1959. No longer in its place..
- Jay Willis, "Chairman of the Board", 1986. Dismantled to exhibit Jenny Holzer's First Amendment in 1999 (see below).
- Woods Davy, Nuevo Kiora, 1987. Commissioned by the School of Fine Arts. In 1999 moved to another location near Harris and Watt halls.
- A short biography of Woods Davy
- Robert Graham, Figures, 2006. Window of the clerestory, 3rd floor of Watt Hall.
- Edward Glauder, "Loop", 1986. Gift to the School of Fine Arts. No longer in its place
- Antoine Bourdelle, "Crouching Bather". 1983, probably recast from a 1910s original.
- Antoine Bourdelle, Hercules, 1909.
- Jenny Holzer, details of "The First Amendment", 1999. Text from the Fisher Gallery brochure, Jenny Holzer's Blacklist. See also "Jenny Holzer Sculpture to Convey Essence of First Amendment in Stone," USC Chronicle, October 25, 1999 and "Hollywood Sculpture Unveiled," Daily Trojan, November 18, 1999.
- Mark Lere, Untitled Four, 1999. Originally at the Staples Center, moved to USC in Spring 2007.
- Joel Tauber and Roski School of Fine Arts students, Sick-Amour: The USC Tree Baby Project, 2008.
- Sculpture, north side of Harris Hall (2/2000)
- Sculpture in the courtyard between Harris and Watt halls.
- Abstraction, south side of Harris Hall courtyard (6/2005)
- Flags in honor of John MacFaden, ca. 1984.
- Ascending Thoughts, Dauterive Hall, 2014.
- 9-11 Memorial, Department of Public Safety, McClintock Avenue, 2014.
- Anthony (?), portrait of Gordon S. Marshall, Bridge Hall.
- Laddie John Dill, Untitled, ca 1980, Hoffman Hall.
- Commemorative plaque, Hoffman Hall.
- Select fountains and sculptures at the Health Sciences Campus
- Christopher Slatoff, Hecuba, 2017. University Village.
Do not reproduce information from this site without acknowledgement of the artists and their works, or of the authors of this site.
Maintained by Ruth Wallach, USC Libraries. 04/2018