1950. Known as Founders Hall. Renovated 1980, dedicated 1982. Original location of Founders Hall (Old College of Liberal Arts).
[According to an email from Jon E. Soffa, University architect, dated July 11, 2017, "Marsh, Smith and Powell, Architects, had its headquarters in Los Angeles, CA; it was the University Architect at the University of Southern California, and employed a number of USC architecture alumni right out of school; Thornton M. Abell worked as Designer, Chief Draftsman, and Architect Superintendant, 1930-1942 for Marsh, Smith and Powell; William F. Cody, Architect, Palm Springs, CA, worked for Marsh, Smith and Powell before 1942; Whitney R. Smith, Architect, worked for the firm in 1939."]
Decorative details on the exterior by Merrell Gage, comprised of a symbol of the atom, the maltese cross, and a Trojan head. These are featured on 16 inch panel placed on the exterior of the building:
Figure of Prometheus by Merrell Gage, south side of Taper Hall. It is made of poured concrete, 7 1/2' tall: